Time Strategies

I first read "The Myth of 'Too Busy'" [source]. I definitely agree with what the author's thoughts are about "being too busy" actually meaning "not prioritizing well." I do also agree that his advice about how to change/prioritize your life would work. However, one of his pieces of advice is to "RUTHLESSLY CUT UNNECESSARY STUFF OUT OF YOUR LIFE" in order to accomplish your goals. When it comes to accomplishing goals, I'm sure that doing this would help you be better prepared/closer to achieving your goals, but sometimes, you need to do something unnecessary, something that you don't have to do and that's not related to your goals. I have to take some time every day [or close to it] to just do nothing productive. I know this might mean that I'll have to go sleep later because there are other things that I need to be doing, and having less sleep will make me more cranky/irritated and more tired throughout the next day. However, I have to take that time to do something unnecessary to be more productive when I do something "necessary."

The second article I read was "The Psychology of Checklists" [source]. I chose this article because I make checklists for my daily tasks and my short term (several weeks long) tasks and wanted to know if this article had any good information relating to that. I really enjoyed this article - I definitely feel a lot of satisfaction when I can erase things off of my checklists and so it was cool finding out why. In high school, I would actually put small tasks like "wash my hair" on my to-do list so I could mark them out later and feel accomplished. I had heard of SMART goals before, and now, my checklists are usually composed of those types of goals.

Losing Time [source]

Comments

Popular Posts