Topic Brainstorm

1. Loving Couples of the Ramayana

Love stories in general have always been interesting to me, so it would be fun to do a project over this. I'm not sure yet if I would want to do snapshots of different couples or to follow and create stories over a specific couple like Rama and Sita. The project that I was exploring focuses specifically on Rama and Sita - link here. As I read more stories, I think I'll be able to decide then, if I want to do more couples, or just one.

2. Jataka Tales

I really enjoyed reading the jatakas in class this week, and creating a jataka of my own. I find it easier to create stories that I know the end to, and since jatakas are centered around an ending moral saying, I enjoy writing those. The project I was exploring uses the same characters in different stories, but I may create different stories centered around a common theme instead of using the same characters - link here.

3. Women of the Ramayana

Throughout history, the way women are written about changes, based on how society views them and their role at that time. I look forward to reading about various women in the epics in this class, and to see how they end up behaving and what roles they play. I think I may want to create a modern take on whatever women I decide to write over. The project I was exploring focuses on different women - link here. If a particular woman has enough information to write several stories over, I may focus on just one woman.

4. Epic Heroes/Heroines

Again, I am not sure if I would want to focus on just heroes, or just heroines, or even just one hero or heroine. Either way, there should be plenty of different heroes/heroines to choose from in these epics. The legend I was exploring was Nala Damayanti - link here - which seems quite interesting because it seems as though Damayanti plays a quite active role in the heroics of the story.

Nala Damayanti [source]

Comments

Popular Posts